Oxford Technical Solutions is expanding…
OxTS was started in 1998 by two Oxford University Engineering graduates. Since then we have sustained continuous growth. This year is turning out to be our busiest period ever. To support this continuous growth we need people dedicated to achieving high standards at work and who are proud of what they achieve. Many jobs have opportunities for international travel since more than 90% of our sales are overseas.
If you want to work for an expanding company, one which leads the world with high technology products and takes pride in their achievements, then we would love to hear from you. Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter including details of your current salary to:
- 1. Overview
This role is responsible for assisting the HR Manager in recruiting and retaining the right people for the organisation; managing and monitoring the performance of HR processes; developing policies relating to HR; ensuring that legal and compliance obligations are met and HR policies are adhered to; completing and keeping up to date the day to day HR processes and HR-related documentation. All activities must be undertaken in accordance prevailing ISO quality framework.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with recruitment agencies, dealing with phone calls, e-mails and the onboarding process
- Work with line managers to prepare recruitment documents, including role descriptions, recruitment and agency briefs
- Ensure that statutory obligations are met and policies relating to recruitment are adhered to
- Coordinate and place job adverts as necessary
- Organise recruitment interviews and (as appropriate) attend interviews and assist in the assessment of candidates
- Prepare offer letters and contracts of employment as directed by the HR Manager
- File records produced by the recruitment process
- Prepare necessary documents for induction, start training record and organise end of probationary period reviews with relevant managers
- Keep records of approved recruitment agencies, including contact details and terms agreed
- Assist HR Manager with the annual review process
- Assist HR Manager with the salary review process
- Assist HR Manager with learning and development processes across the organisation
- Keep company HR policies up to date and ensure that they are understood by all staff
- Keep HR work instructions and process documents up to date
- Ensure that HR records are filed appropriately and retention policies are observed
- Carry out annual check of HR filing to identify documents that should be removed and arrange for secure shredding
- Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
- Produce HR metrics as requested by the HR Manager
- Support HR Manager to run an accurate and timely payroll process
- Act as cover for administration assistant during planned and unplanned absence
- Support HR Manager with other ad hoc projects and tasks commensurate with the nature and level of the job
1. OverviewThe support engineer provides product support and training for customers, representatives and other channel partners. This includes resolving customer problems, creating support documentation, demonstrating OxTS products, testing new products, developing application solutions, and identifying opportunities for improved products and services. The role requires in-depth understanding of the functionality and use of the company's products and their applications, and requires frequent international travel.
2. Duties and responsibilities
- Provide customer support by helping customers and representatives with the application of OxTS products; answer questions and resolve issues. Process and analyse customer data sets to establish cause of anomalies; assist to re-process data to remove or reduce effects of anomalies.
- Write FAQs, technical articles, support guides, and application notes for customers, and provide to customers and to Marketing for publication.
- Develop and deliver training courses to educate customers and representatives in proper use of the company's products.
- Provide Marketing, Sales, and Representatives with technical information on products, their performance, and their application; support OxTS at industry exhibitions.
- Perform acceptance testing of new products and software to verify correct operation, prior to release to the market. Report issues found to R&D or Application Engineering as appropriate.
- Manage the process of sending out new software and firmware releases to customers.
- Develop application solutions through creating software templates, configuring OxTS products, and testing with 3rd party products.
- Identify opportunities for new and improved products and services, based on feedback and requests from customers, and through developing solutions to customer application problems.
- Manage "key accounts" i.e. representatives or other channel partners e.g. system integrators:
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with each key account to understand their business and communicate that within OxTS
- Provide technical support, answer enquiries, requests and resolve issues, get feedback on opportunities for improvement
- Support the roll-out of new and updated products. Explain new features and how they will help to sell products. Email export-controlled firmware to key accounts
- Provide training in the use of OxTS products and systems
- Provide product demonstrations to prospective customers
- Manage requests from key accounts for customisation of products
1. OverviewThe position within the R&D team is to design, develop and maintain hardware and embedded software for our products. The role is involved in all aspects of product design from feasibility to production, including digital and analogue circuits, and microprocessor circuits and software. The role requires good knowledge of digital and analogue electronics, and software design. Some experience of mechanical design for product cases and enclosures is a benefit. Knowledge and experience of design for manufacture and product approval processes including EMC is useful.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop hardware for existing and new products, covering the full product life-cycle. Capture customer/user requirements. Design, develop, test and maintain hardware. Ensure designs achieve product regulatory approvals including EMC, and transfer into production.
- Develop microprocessor software covering the full software life-cycle. Capture customer/user requirements, then design, develop, test and maintain software, including the release process, version control of software releases, and bug management.
- Design mechanical parts for products, including frames and housings, and for product testing equipment.
- Work both as team member on larger projects and manage own smaller software projects; plan, track and manage development tasks. Work to deadlines and adapt plans as necessary to meet project objectives. Work collaboratively with people inside and outside the R&D department to successfully achieve outcomes and results.
- Install, use and maintain tools and technologies such as PCB design tools and software development environments.
- Use company procedures, processes, and consistent styles. Write, issue and update hardware documentation; use version control.
- Investigate ideas, suggestions and problems related to existing and new products raised by internal departments including Marketing and Production, communicating and responding to ensure issues are resolved promptly and appropriately.
- Have the right to work permanently in the UK.
- Have a good academic record.
- Be settled within 25 miles of Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire.