Oxford Technical Solutions is expanding…
OxTS was started in 1998 by two Oxford University Engineering graduates. Since then we have sustained continuous growth. This year is turning out to be our busiest period ever. To support this continuous growth we need people dedicated to achieving high standards at work and who are proud of what they achieve. Many jobs have opportunities for international travel since more than 90% of our sales are overseas.
If you want to work for an expanding company, one which leads the world with high technology products and takes pride in their achievements, then we would love to hear from you. Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter including details of your current salary to:
OverviewReporting to the facilities manager - Park Farm Barns, the main function of this role is to act as first point of contact for all visitors to OxTS premises at Park Farm Barns, including customers, suppliers and any deliveries. The administration assistant will support teams across the business with clerical tasks, administration and record keeping. The administration assistant will work closely with the H&S manager to coordinate tasks and the day-to-day management of the facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and look after visitors. Prepare meeting areas, lunch and refreshments
- Answer incoming telephone calls and email communications in a professional manner and distribute calls/emails or take messages as necessary
- Liaise verbally and in writing between customers/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and relevant staff
- Receive and distribute incoming post and organise outgoing post
- Receive deliveries in to the organisation and inform the relevant staff to collect
- Order and maintain relevant office supplies including stationery, tea, coffee etc.
- File data and perform other routine administrative tasks as assigned
- Responsible for keeping H&S logs updated
- Support H&S manager to coordinate fire evacuations, ensuring staff lists and visitor books are up to date
- Support the H&S manager with housekeeping tours to ensure high standards of hygiene are met across the company
- Support the H&S manager with internal training including the administration of online training courses
- Support the HR manager with preparation of induction packs for new starters and other non-confidential administration tasks as required
- Manage and organise routine maintenance for office equipment
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of phone, fax, shredding machines, printers and photocopiers
- As directed communicate with third-parties for repairs to the facilities
- As directed communicate with companies that provide external services, for example: cleaning, hygiene waste disposal and milk deliveries (this list is not exhaustive)
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Other tasks and duties as required
- Have the right to work permanently in the UK.
- Have a good academic record.
- Be settled within 25 miles of Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire.