Oxford Technical Solutions is expanding…
OxTS was started in 1998 by two Oxford University Engineering graduates. Since then we have sustained continuous growth. This year is turning out to be our busiest period ever. To support this continuous growth we need people dedicated to achieving high standards at work and who are proud of what they achieve. Many jobs have opportunities for international travel since more than 90% of our sales are overseas.
If you want to work for an expanding company, one which leads the world with high technology products and takes pride in their achievements, then we would love to hear from you. Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter including details of your current salary to:
1. OverviewThe support engineer provides product support and training for customers, representatives and other channel partners. This includes resolving customer problems, creating support documentation, demonstrating OxTS products, testing new products, developing application solutions, and identifying opportunities for improved products and services. The role requires in-depth understanding of the functionality and use of the company's products and their applications, and requires frequent international travel.
2. Duties and responsibilities
- Provide customer support by helping customers and representatives with the application of OxTS products; answer questions and resolve issues. Process and analyse customer data sets to establish cause of anomalies; assist to re-process data to remove or reduce effects of anomalies.
- Write FAQs, technical articles, support guides, and application notes for customers, and provide to customers and to Marketing for publication.
- Develop and deliver training courses to educate customers and representatives in proper use of the company's products.
- Provide Marketing, Sales, and Representatives with technical information on products, their performance, and their application; support OxTS at industry exhibitions.
- Perform acceptance testing of new products and software to verify correct operation, prior to release to the market. Report issues found to R&D or Application Engineering as appropriate.
- Manage the process of sending out new software and firmware releases to customers.
- Develop application solutions through creating software templates, configuring OxTS products, and testing with 3rd party products.
- Identify opportunities for new and improved products and services, based on feedback and requests from customers, and through developing solutions to customer application problems.
- Manage "key accounts" i.e. representatives or other channel partners e.g. system integrators:
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with each key account to understand their business and communicate that within OxTS
- Provide technical support, answer enquiries, requests and resolve issues, get feedback on opportunities for improvement
- Support the roll-out of new and updated products. Explain new features and how they will help to sell products. Email export-controlled firmware to key accounts
- Provide training in the use of OxTS products and systems
- Provide product demonstrations to prospective customers
- Manage requests from key accounts for customisation of products
1. OverviewWorking for the marketing manager, the main tasks include booking advertisements in relevant magazines and publications, organising all global exhibitions and events, organising press releases and articles for print and web-based publications; ordering promotional gifts and branded items; as well as tracking marketing spending and reporting metrics to marketing manager. The marketing administrator is required to work closely with the marketing, sales and product management teams as well as build an excellent rapport with the company's global network of sales representatives.
2. Duties and responsibilities
2.1. Exhibition & event marketing
- Responsible for planning, execution and post-event reporting of all exhibitions and events.
- Responsible for all organisational aspects incl. booking floor space, electricity, cleaning, venue logistics, shipments of equipment, accommodation for staff etc.
- Manage storage and transport of exhibition material, including posters, exhibition stands, product samples etc.
- Organise briefing and debriefing for exhibitions with staff and local representatives and ensure relevant details are communicated.
- Oversee stock of exhibition dummy units and other product samples.
- Build rapport with exhibition design companies, stand builders and exhibition organisers in order to secure the best possible stand locations, negotiate best rates, and ensure inclusion in any pre-event marketing.
- Work with marketing manager to promote exhibitions and events via e-mail, website, social media, and other marketing channels.
2.2. Public relations & media management
- Identify potential advertising spaces (including web-adverts, magazine and journal adverts). Organise advertising including purchasing, negotiating rates and deals. Liaise with staff who need to prepare advertising material to ensure deadlines are met.
- Write press releases, company profiles and other content for OxTS website, new product launches, print media and exhibitions.
- Build a rapport with publications and editors in order to negotiate the best possible advertisement rates and media packages, free technical articles as well as opportunities for inclusion in their social media channels.
2.3. Marketing metrics & reporting
- Keep track and report on marketing budgets, so up-to-date information is available to the marketing manager.
- Tracking and reporting on measurable objectives for marketing campaigns and online activities.
2.4. Sales channel marketing
- Inform the representatives of marketing activities and send out press releases, adverts, etc.
- Assist representatives with local events and exhibitions.
- Organise branded items such as stationery, corporate clothing and promotional give-aways and maintain their stock.
- Organise stock of printed marketing material including brochures, data sheets or business cards.
- Report customer and calibration survey results to the marketing manager.
- To assist the marketing manager in the delivery of projects.
- Carry out other administrative duties as required.
1. OverviewThe position within the R&D team is to design, develop and maintain hardware and embedded software for our products. The role is involved in all aspects of product design from feasibility to production, including digital and analogue circuits, and microprocessor circuits and software. The role requires good knowledge of digital and analogue electronics, and software design. Some experience of mechanical design for product cases and enclosures is a benefit. Knowledge and experience of design for manufacture and product approval processes including EMC is useful.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop hardware for existing and new products, covering the full product life-cycle. Capture customer/user requirements. Design, develop, test and maintain hardware. Ensure designs achieve product regulatory approvals including EMC, and transfer into production.
- Develop microprocessor software covering the full software life-cycle. Capture customer/user requirements, then design, develop, test and maintain software, including the release process, version control of software releases, and bug management.
- Design mechanical parts for products, including frames and housings, and for product testing equipment.
- Work both as team member on larger projects and manage own smaller software projects; plan, track and manage development tasks. Work to deadlines and adapt plans as necessary to meet project objectives. Work collaboratively with people inside and outside the R&D department to successfully achieve outcomes and results.
- Install, use and maintain tools and technologies such as PCB design tools and software development environments.
- Use company procedures, processes, and consistent styles. Write, issue and update hardware documentation; use version control.
- Investigate ideas, suggestions and problems related to existing and new products raised by internal departments including Marketing and Production, communicating and responding to ensure issues are resolved promptly and appropriately.
1. OverviewThe role of Application Engineer is to develop engineering solutions using OxTS products or board sets to meet customer needs. The role involves all aspects of engineering projects including assessing customer requirements, developing customer hardware and software solutions, supporting customers, and writing technical documentation. The role requires in-depth understanding of the functionality and use of the company's products and board sets and how to adapt them for new applications. It requires international travel.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate requests for the development of solutions to meet customer applications, originating from customers or internally from Product Management. Undertake investigative / feasibility work to develop solutions. Plan and cost projects; provide information to Sales for quotation.
- Develop application solutions through developing new hardware and software, configuring OxTS products, and integrating 3rd party products. Test and maintain hardware and software, including release process, version control, and bug management. Write and maintain documentation for designs to describe functionality, use and reasons for design decisions.
- Perform acceptance testing of application solutions to verify correct operation, prior to release to the market. Resolve any issues found before providing to customers.
- Manage projects and work as a team member on projects; plan, track and manage development tasks. Work to deadlines and adapt plans as necessary to meet project objectives. Work collaboratively with people inside and outside OxTS, and coordinate other departments involved (such as R&D) to successfully achieve outcomes and results.
- Use company procedures, processes, and consistent styles. Write, issue and update hardware and software documentation; adhere to coding standards when developing software. Maintain traceability, update documentation, use version control for all document changes.
- Provide expert help for the Support team to help address customer problems with the use of solutions developed by Application Engineering.
- Capture and communicate ideas and technical information on solutions, their performance and application, verbally and in written technical documentation, and provide internally (Marketing, Sales) and externally to customers and Representatives. Write technical articles and application notes for customers and for publication. Support promotion of OxTS's application engineering capability at industry exhibitions.
- Manage customer relationship for application engineering projects:
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with the customer to understand their needs and communicate that within OxTS
- Manage programme of work with the customer to agree and plan tasks, track progress, coordinate meetings and agree actions, resolve issues, manage change.
1. OverviewThe Production Technician is responsible, under the direction of the Production Manager, for the assembly of all products marketed by the company. This document lists the duties and obligations of the role as they currently exist but all staff are expected to undertake such additional responsibilities as may from time to time be agreed in consultation with the company.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately assemble the company’s products in accordance with the relevant work instructions, bill of materials and order acknowledgement
- Manufacture to a high standard, and in accordance with relevant work instructions, all cables, components and sub-assemblies produced by the company in house.
- Understand any modifications required to the standard specification as notified in the order acknowledgement or directed by the Production Manager or appropriately authorised member of staff.
- Use dedicated company software to programme microcontrollers and logic devices comprised within the company’s products.
- Observe anti-static precautions at all stages of assembly, test, calibration and service processes.
2.2. Testing of electronic boards and assembled components
- To test all completed products in accordance with relevant work instructions
- Fit electronic boards to a test jig and verify their operation using computerized testers.
- Ensure correct documentation of the tests.
2.3. Calibration and compliance with BS EN ISO 17025:2005
- To calibrate all completed products in accordance with relevant work instructions
- Subject to appropriate authorisation, carry out calibrations and issue calibration certificates.
- Perform calibrations according to processes defined in the appropriate work instructions.
- Have basic working knowledge of BS EN ISO17025:2005 and how its requirements relate to the calibration activity.
- Draw management attention to actual or potential non-conformities, and highlight opportunities to improve processes.
- Escalate calibration issues as required to the Production Manager.
- Where calibrated equipment is used, to ensure that it is re-calibrated within required time limits. To make electronic copies of the calibration certificates for the quality manager and to file the original certificates as directed
- Ensure laboratory compliance with the requirements of BS EN ISO17025:2005.
2.4. Using Windows and PC software
- Competence with Word, Excel and Windows, and an ability to learn to use other software used in production processes.
2.5. Keeping Records
- Maintain and update accurate records relating to each individual product in the form required by the company
- Maintain and update such other records as the company shall from time to time require. Currently these are a calibration table log, a temperature chamber test log, a debugging log, a purchase order record, an accident book
2.6. Quality Management
- Have a basic working understanding of the requirements of the company’s quality management system and such quality accreditations as may apply from time to time. Currently these are ISO 9001:2008 and BS EN ISO17025:2005.
- Notify the Production Manager of each and every product failure, equipment failure and system failure which may impact upon the quality of the service provided by the company to its customers. When requested by the Production Manager or appropriately authorised member of staff.
- Understand that quality management is an evolving process affecting all areas of the company’s business. Where appropriate suggest ways in which the company’s systems might be improved
2.7. Health and Safety
- When using hazardous materials, to ensure that a risk assessment has been carried out and to observe any precautions demanded or recommended by it. When using materials and equipment which is not specifically labelled as hazardous, to handle them with care and be aware of any potential dangers they may present
- To keep the workplace in such clean and tidy condition as is commensurate with its function, so as to promote efficient and safe conduct of the company’s business
2.8. Servicing customers’ own equipment
- Ensure an understanding of what work the customer requires, as notified in the order acknowledgement or directed by the production manager or appropriately authorised member of staff.
- Work without delay, having due regard to other priorities, and ensure that the Support Department is kept informed of progress
- Notify the Production Manager and other staff as appropriate if additional work is required, or if the order acknowledgement requires work done which appears unnecessary
- Test the equipment in accordance with the relevant work instructions, and to update the product records as required
- Prepare a work done report in the form required by the company, and provide a hard copy for the Finance Manager
2.9. Assembly Documentation
- Assist in creation and maintenance of assembly, test and calibration documentation.
- Author/owner of assembly, test and calibration documentation.
2.10. Fault Diagnosis and Repair
- Using schematics, diagnose faults at PCB level and repair them.
1. OverviewThe assistant accountant will support the financial manager in all aspects of company finance.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
2.1. Financial Control
- Post invoices and credit notes as required
- Prepare and process supplier payments
- Analyse staff expenses
- Analyse corporate card expenses
- Perform bank, VAT and other reconciliations
- Responsible for credit control
- Process monthly accruals, prepayments and journals
- Produce monthly stock valuations
- Carry out month-end, year-end
- Assist with audits
- Prepare accounts to trial balance
- Maintain fixed assets register
- Maintain nominal ledger
- Ensure all financial records are complete and compliant with current legislation
2.2. Management Accounts
- Prepare monthly reports for the management team
- Work with financial manager to prepare budgets
- Act as point of contact across departments
- Input to R&D tax credit submissions
- Produce German VAT returns
- Deal with company insurance policies
- Ensure processes and tasks are compliant to current legislation and are carried out in accordance with company policies within required time frames
- Act as deputy for financial manager as agreed to cover periods of absence
- Other duties as assigned
- Have the right to work permanently in the UK.
- Have a good academic record.
- Be settled within 25 miles of Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire.