Oxford Technical Solutions is expanding…
OxTS was started in 1998 by two Oxford University Engineering graduates. Since then we have sustained continuous growth. This year is turning out to be our busiest period ever. To support this continuous growth we need people dedicated to achieving high standards at work and who are proud of what they achieve. Many jobs have opportunities for international travel since more than 90% of our sales are overseas.
If you want to work for an expanding company, one which leads the world with high technology products and takes pride in their achievements, then we would love to hear from you. Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter including details of your current salary to:
- As a “customer focussed engineer”, and working as part of our sales and support team, you will be responsible for helping customers and representatives with the technical aspects of our products. The position is mostly technical with some commercial aspects. It involves identifying good opportunities to solve customer application problems; supporting the company’s customers and representatives through email and on the telephone; compiling FAQs; writing technical support guides; analysing customer data and performing mathematical analysis; training customers and representatives; attending exhibitions. You will help our representative network with both technical and basic commercial information as a key account manager. You should understand the business and current position of each of your key accounts; assist the key account with requests of a commercial and technical nature; and should take appropriate actions, which may include escalation, to ensure that all requests made by the account are answered in a timely manner.
This is a full time permanent position based in Upper Heyford. Our standard hours are 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday with a half-hour lunch break. Leave entitlement for a full year is 25 days plus bank holidays. We expect you to travel internationally when required.
The following restrictions apply to this role:
- You must have the right to work in the UK on a permanent basis.
- You should live within 20 miles of Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire.
- You will almost certainly need a driving licence and have your own transport to travel to Upper Heyford.
Download job specification Click here
Technical Sales, Business Development and Channel Manager
- We are looking for someone to fill a new permanent full-time position in our Sales and Support department.
You will work in our Sales and Support team and alongside our international distributors to develop our three key markets: automotive, survey and OEM. Working closely with our Sales Manager you will help to manage and develop our existing distributor network; find new channel partners in territories where we are not currently represented in the survey or OEM markets; and work with system integrators to win more business from them.
Ideally you would have good experience in many or all of the following areas:
- Managing and developing international distribution channels: distributors, agents, representatives
- International sales, with sensitivity to cultural aspects dealing with non-native English speakers
- Negotiating distribution agreements and/or contracts of supply
- B2B technical product lines with similar “complexity” to that of the OxTS products
- Selling into system integrators and/or survey markets
- Sales office processes
You will have a degree-level qualification in a scientific or business subject, or significant on-the-job experience.
Salary depends on your level of skill and experience, and how quickly you can be productive. In addition to base salary there is a standard performance-related bonus of 8% paid in December and discretionary June profit-share bonus.
Normal hours of work will be 09:00 to 17:00 hours, Monday to Friday, with half an hour for lunch.
Place of work shall be in our Sales and Support department in 77 Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, OX25 5HD. With this role comes the requirement for international travel.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum for those employed for a whole year, pro-rated for the length of contract.
Please apply to email@example.com attaching your CV and details of your current remuneration.
- Have the right to work permanently in the UK.
- Have a good academic record.
- Be settled within 25 miles of Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire.