Save time by making use of OxTS’ exclusive gx/ix™ real-time position algorithm, now in real-time RTK mode.
New firmware available for OxTS devices
We are delighted to announce an exciting update to our technology. For some time, customers have utilised our gx/ix algorithms to improve position performance when they are post-processing data sets.
Our gx/ix technology combines position calculations from raw GNSS measurements with single-satellite aiding techniques when satellite visibility is poor. This means accurate position and heading measurements are output by our devices in urban canyons, through bridges and other obstructions.
The gx/ix RTK feature can now be utilised in real-time, achieving RTK position accuracy where satellite visibility is minimal (fewer than 4 satellites in view). If your device has gx/ix RTK enabled, upgrading to the latest firmware will add the benefits from this update.
Figure 1: San Francisco Bay Area approaching the Bay Bridge using gx/ix RTK position mode
Figure 2: Bay bridge approach, including stacked freeway. Inertial sensors providing 100 Hz measurement updates and gx/ix RTK enabled.
There are several other features and bug fixes in this latest firmware, including:
• Tight coupling heading updates (ix heading)
• Configurable receiver datum and RTCMv3 base station datum
• GLONASS heading inertial relock and static initialisation
• Change of datum for real-time differential positions
• Added CAN ISO8855 output and fixed CAN UTC time offset
• Support for Geoidal altitude
• Support for quadrature wheel speed encoders
**xbns (RT1003, xNAV, xOEM) products only
Free for customers with an OxTS Maintenance Agreement
• OxTS devices purchased after today will be shipped with these latest features.
• Existing customers with a valid OxTS Maintenance Agreement are entitled to update their device firmware free of charge.
• If you do not have a valid OxTS Maintenance Agreement then you may purchase this upgrade separately. Contact your local OxTS representative or email email@example.com for a quotation.
How to upgrade
If you would like to update your device(s) with this latest feature, contact our support team: