The use of LiDAR sensors to create 3D replications of an environment is growing at an astounding rate. From autonomous vehicle aiding and road safety, to coastal erosion monitoring, there is an almost endless number of applications and benefits that 3D maps, or pointclouds as they’re also known, can offer.
Surveyors though need to ensure that these pointclouds are as accurate as possible. Failure to do so can render the pointcloud unusable, wasting valuable time and resources.
On Tuesday, 13th July 2021, Jacob Amacker, Product Engineer at OxTS discussed how to get the best pointcloud precision and improve accuracy.
During the webinar Jacob covered several key topics including:
- Why IMU and GNSS accuracy is important for pointcloud precision.
- How using a Boresight Calibration can have significant benefits on pointcloud results.
- Why using accuracy diagnostics to estimate the uncertainty in pointcloud point precision is key to survey decision making.
If you missed the live session you can watch the recording here.
There is no charge for this service.
- Read the article that accompanies this webinar: How to get the best data and improve pointcloud accuracy
- Read about a ‘day in the life’ of your presenter. Click here for Jake’s blog.
- Learn about improving LiDAR survey applications with a data-driven approach to hardware set-up via this link.
- To view more webinars from the OxTS Centre of Excellence and learn with confidence, please click here.