In order to produce accurate pointclouds, survey and mapping professionals must pair their LiDAR devices with an INS for best position and orientation data. However, many factors can affect the quality of a point cloud. These include:
- Position accuracy of the INS
- Orientation angles accuracy of the INS
- Boresight alignment between the INS and the LiDAR
- Mounting angle of the LiDAR
- Range accuracy of the LiDAR
- RPM rate and angular resolution of the LiDAR
- Distance from targets
- Speed of travel
Join Sam Souliman, Senior Support Engineer at OxTS, when he will discuss the impact of each parameter on the final quality of the point cloud, and provide suggestions to improve the outcome, or mitigate the impact, of each parameter.
This session will be presented live on Thursday 16th July at 14:15 hrs (BST)
There is no charge for this service.
We will share a recording of the webinar with everyone who has registered after the session.
To view more webinars from the OxTS Centre of Excellence and learn with confidence, please click here.