Compact and weighing just 365g, the xNAV550’s miniature form factor is proof that looks can be deceiving once the powerful performance components within are revealed.
One of the most competitively priced INS solutions for drone and UAV mapping, the xNAV550 ensures the perfect blend of affordability and lightweight size without compromise on performance – Request a quote
Compact size, high accuracy
- Delivering excellent heading/pitch/roll performance – measurement accuracy of 0.05° guaranteed.
- Enjoy 2cm positioning accuracy – GPS & GLONASS as standard ensures improved position and heading robustness even when faced with difficult GNSS environments.
- Achieve even more precise results – the addition of a new generation of accelerometer delivers excellent stability and performance.
Powerful performance components, lighter payloads
- High-grade MEMS inertial sensors and Survey grade GNSS receivers – ensuring a reliable, high accuracy, data feed to a navigation engine that you can trust every time.
- Extra low power consumption – the xNAV550 requires as little as 7W power consumption enabling longer flight times.
- Log more data with 32GB of onboard storage – With LIDAR logging capability onboard, operators can also log LiDAR data to the INS without the need for an extra logging device.
Easy integration, simplified usability
- Integrate with existing sensors and tools – seamless integration with 3rd party software and hardware.
- User-friendly NAVsuite software provided free of charge – upgraded NAVsuite software supports all new xNAV features and delivers streamlined configuration, real-time monitoring, post-processing and analysis.
- Add-on LiDAR georeferencing software our new Georeferencing software provides INS/LIDAR Boresight calibration and georeferencing capabilities to create accurate and reliable pointclouds.
- The xNAV550 INS benefits from optional Precision Time Protocol (PTP) time stamping functionality. All xNAV550 INS devices have the option to utilise PTP when synchronising time with LiDAR and other sensors that also utilise the feature. PTP allows for a much simpler set-up over ethernet, providing surveyors with the ability to get up and running quickly.
* The above description and the features, applications and resources provided on this page relate primarily to the xNAV550 model. For enquiries or information regarding the xNAV500, 250 or 200 v3 or earlier v2 models, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complimentary software with every xNAV550!
As an add-value, with every INS purchased from OxTS, you will receive our NAVsuite software free of charge.
NAVsuite is a complimentary addition to OxTS’ range of Inertial Navigation Systems. The tools allow users of OxTS devices to configure, monitor, post-process and analyse their data with ease.
Included with NAVsuite is a full array of software products including:
- NAVconfig – NAVconfig is OxTS’ universal configuration tool for OxTS devices.
- NAVdisplay – NAVdisplay allows you to monitor your navigation data in real-time.
- NAVsolve – NAVsolve is our powerful post-processing application.
- NAVgraph – Plot, analyse and export your navigation data after your survey with NAVgraph.
OxTS LiDAR Surveying Brochure
OxTS inertial navigation systems provide end users with absolute position and highly accurate inertial measurement information. This information allows them to georeference pointclouds from multiple LiDAR sensors.
These measurements help increase survey repeatability, cut down the time to survey, intelligently analyse data, improve final results and increase project ROI.
Read the OxTS LiDAR Surveying brochure to find out more.
Case Study - Dronezone srl.
Dronezone were tasked by a customer to map a 40km stretch of road.
They combined the data from an OxTS xNAV Inertial Navigation System with raw LiDAR data from a Velodyne VLP-16 sensor. As a result they were able to cut survey time down by over 50% whilst simultaneously providing them with a high quality pointcloud for use in their project.
Read the OxTS and Dronezone case study to find out more.
Webinar: Improving LiDAR Surveying Applications with a data-driven approach to hardware set-up
Earlier this year we presented a webinar where we discussed using data for boresight calibration. During the webinar attendees had the opportunity to:
- Learn why this calibration is so important.
- Understand how adopting a data-driven technique to calibration can help you streamline operations and increase ROI.
- See example before and after calibration results.
The webinar was recorded and you can watch it back here.
Never miss a thing from OxTS…
We post regular updates to our Social Media platforms including information about new product updates, the latest webinars from our Centre of Excellence webinar series, and other ad-hoc information about what we’ve been up to.
We also regularly post the latest industry news to our pages so be sure not to miss a thing by following our pages below…
You can also get the latest OxTS news and insights direct to your inbox by subscribing to our mailing list here…