OxTS provide accurate and reliable georeferencing solutions for land, air and marine applications. We help our customers to confidently capture precision position, orientation and dynamics measurements that can be trusted time after time, in all environments. Leading our survey and mapping business unit, interpreting and advising on the varying needs of our survey and mapping customers is Paris Austin. Here Paris tells us about a ‘day in his life’:
1. How long have you worked at OxTS, and what do you like most about the Company?
I’ve worked for OxTS since 2012. I joined as a graduate in the Support team before we created the Application Engineering team in 2015, then taking the reins as leader of our new Survey and Mapping business team in 2018 which I am currently leading and enjoying very much. The past eight years at OxTS have made me a product expert, enabling me to help customers to get the most out of their OxTS systems. The company allowed me to grow into the roles I have been in and given me the opportunity to take on more responsibility and skills at every turn – a chance I hope everyone gets in their career.
2. What’s a ‘typical’ day at work for you, as an OxTS Business Manager?
I am in close contact with customers and internal departments every day, coordinating the activities of our product management, marketing, and sales teams, while making sure we have a product roadmap that will provide customers with the best solutions to their application’s challenges. Working with customers is a major part of my regular work. In recent times due to working from home full-time, we have put a lot of effort into digital content – running multiple webinars per month and working remotely on software development of our new OXTS Georeferencer software
3. Which of the projects you’ve been involved with so far has been the most satisfying and why?
The release of our OxTS Georeferencer software was a big endeavour for us, and the result of months of development and collaboration with Engineering and Commercial team members. It came as a result of us identifying a customer need and developing a strong solution to the problem. The software design and data collection required to test that it all worked was really satisfying – especially as it gave me the opportunity to take out one of the OxTS test cars and test like I used to in the Support team – a rare occurrence these days!
4. What’s been your most challenging project as an OxTS Business Manager, and how have you overcome this?
In January this year we delivered a project to put new software, hardware and accessories into the hands of customers all under the umbrella of one project. It required a massive effort from everyone internally at OxTS and required a lot of things to be tracked and managed simultaneously despite almost mutually exclusive deliverables. Since the successful deliver of the project, we have restructured our projects into more modular deliverables allowing us to manage the resource and requirements much more efficiently. This should enable us to put more new products into the hands of our customers than ever before as we move forward.
5. What’s the best thing about being part of the OxTS team?
Working for a company that cares about doing the right thing – for customers and employees. Targets are set to be achievable and decisions are made with logic and ethics at the heart of the outcome. I do not think I could work somewhere that it wasn’t like this.
6. What are you most looking forward to in the next 12 months at OxTS?
We will be taking part in the first INTERGEO digital trade show in October which will be a really interesting experience and hopefully useful for all of our customers as well as helping us gain market feedback to improve our products. We’re also working on a number of improvements to the OxTS Georeferencer software and some new hardware products for 2021. It’s going to be a busy year!
- Read more about the OxTS Georeferencer software.
- Explore OxTS survey and mapping applications.
- For FREE expo tickets to join OxTS at INTERGEO 2020 13th-15th October, please click here.
- Contact us to discuss your own project requirements and OxTS survey and mapping solutions.
- To register to participate in forthcoming OxTS support and training webinars, or to view recordings of sessions we’ve already presented, please follow this link.