Aerial mobility and drones
Aerial INS navigation and control for aeronautical applications, including position, motion, pitch and roll measurements.
Autonomy in aerial mobility and drones
- Aerial mobility will revolutionise logistics and transport, with more fluidity and personalisation in transportation.
- For this future to be realised, primary navigation technologies need to offer the right performance for all aerial applications; from fixed wing and rotary wing to piloted drones and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
Navigating the challenges of aerial mobility
To achieve the efficiency and environmental benefits of introducing aerial autonomy, your navigation solution needs to:
Maximise satellite coverage at every point of any planned path
- Two multi-constellation, multi-frequency RTK GNSS receivers support aiding from the four main GNSS constellations: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and Beidou.
- OxTS’ ix/single-satellite aiding technology makes sure that each and every visible satellite is blended into the navigation solution for the most accurate solution possible – even in the harshest GNSS conditions.
Minimise time without RTK after temporary interruption
- OxTS’ gx/RTK inertial relock technology uses inertial measurements to reduce RTK reacquisition time from up to 20 seconds, to around five seconds, after every interruption.
Localise in the absence of GNSS
- In the absence of GNSS, whether temporary or prolonged, you can aid inertial data with Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR), Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping (SLAM), and other sensors, for a continuous, robust navigation solution.
- Any sensor that can provide position, velocity, acceleration and/or heading updates can be integrated at speed, via the OxTS generic aiding interface, to enhance the navigation solution and bridge the gap during prolonged GNSS interruptions
Withstand extreme conditions
- OxTS temperature calibration assures performance of all inertial navigation systems between -40 °C and +70 °C.
with wider architecture
Building OxTS components into large, complex systems is quick and easy with:
- Ethernet and CAN data interfaces
- Digital PPS for time synchronisation and PTP support
- A ROS 2 driver available for data decoding
- OxTS post-processing engine offers forwards/backwards combined processing with advanced smoothing technology to create the most optimised data possible, taking advantage of being able to see the whole picture.
- This optimised data can be used to improve your ground truth reference for localisation during vehicle development, or for georeferencing sensor data for map creation.
- Post-processing your data also gives you the ability to correct any mistakes made on the configuration or to chop sections of data out if they were logged in error, saving time and effort on data collection overall.
High-performance solutions for development, validation and volume production of autonomous aerial mobility vehicles and drones.
Uncompromising performance in an economical package
Our highest performance INS for product integration
Software and Plugins
Our software solutions support the use of OxTS products delivering key functionality including configuration, data display, analysis and manipulation as well as post-processing.
Configure, monitor and post-process with ease.
Applications for automation
Creating automated, ‘no-touch’ solutions.