The xNAV650 is OxTS’ smallest and lightest Inertial Navigation System (INS) yet. The device makes use of the latest cutting edge technology, to deliver the precision and reliability OxTS’ customers have come to expect.
Despite combining the latest MEMS inertial sensor technology with survey-grade GNSS receivers, the xNAV650 INS is also our most competitively priced INS to date.
The xNAV650 provides surveyors with reliable and precise navigation data – even when budgets are limited – Request a quote
“We have been really impressed with the results we have seen from the xNAV650. Our tests required highly accurate position and inertial measurements, and in environments where we have had to be really conscious of payload weight”
David Constantin, Managing Partner, Dronezone srl.
Small form factor, incredible accuracy
- Measuring only 77 x 63 x 24 mm the xNAV650 is our smallest INS to date. Its small form factor is ideal for any application where space is limited making it ideal for UAV-based mapping.
- When weight is a factor look no further than the xNAV650 INS. Weighing just 130 g, the xNAV650 is the ideal partner when precision is crucial, but the payload needs to be as light as possible. A lighter payload and lower power consumption means longer flight times for UAVs.
- Quad constellation (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo) as standard means that users of the xNAV650 INS can benefit from 2 cm position accuracy even in the most challenging GNSS environments.
Simple set-up, easy to use software
- The xNAV650 INS benefits from optional Precision Time Protocol (PTP) time stamping functionality. All xNAV650 INS devices have the option to utilise PTP when synchronising time with LiDAR and other sensors that also utilise the feature. PTP allows for a much simpler set-up over ethernet, providing surveyors with the ability to get up and running quickly.
- OxTS’ gx/ix tight-coupling technology ensures that users of OxTS inertial navigation systems receive the most accurate measurements possible even in tough GNSS conditions such as urban canyons.
- OxTS Georeferencer allows users of OxTS’ inertial navigation systems to georeference pointclouds from almost any LiDAR sensor. By combining OxTS INS data with raw LiDAR data using OxTS Georeferencer, users can increase the quality of their pointclouds, decrease the time to survey, intelligently analyse data and improve project ROI.
Case Studies and Brochures
Case Study: Southern Cross University
Southern Cross University (SCU) is involved in a project to protect the Great Barrier Reef from the possible effects of climate change.
Part of the Cooling and Shading sub-program of the Reef Restoration and Adaption Program, SCU needed to measure wind speed from a moving platform. To do this accurately they had to combine the measurements from a sonic anemometer and IMU.
This case study details how OxTS were able to help.
Case Study: Ordnance Survey
Ordnance Survey were in need of a quicker, scalable and more cost effective way to collect georeferenced pointcloud data.
They engaged with OxTS and local channel partner Datron Technology to understand what was achievable. As a result they were able to create highly accurate pointclouds and reduce costs all whilst improving the efficiency of their mobile mapping operations.
This case study details how they did it.
Case Study: Dronezone srl.
OxTS Partner Dronezone Srl. were tasked with scanning an ageing railway bridge to identify potential weaknesses in its structure.
Once they made the decision to survey the bridge using a UAV, there were a number of challenges they faced, specifically around payload weight, flight time, data processing, pointcloud accuracy and more.
This case study details how they overcame them.
LiDAR Surveying Brochure
OxTS inertial navigation systems provide users with absolute position and highly accurate inertial measurement information. This information allows them to georeference pointclouds from multiple LiDAR sensors.
These measurements help increase survey repeatability, cut down the time to survey, intelligently analyse data, improve final results and increase project ROI.
Read the OxTS LiDAR Surveying brochure to find out more.
OxTS Boresight Calibration Brochure
Failure to align the coordinate frames of an INS and LiDAR sensor precisely enough can lead to blurring and double-vision in pointclouds.
OxTS’ experience in calibration techniques has allowed us to develop a data-driven approach to boresighting. The method gives users the ability to calibrate the coordinate frames of their INS and LiDAR to a tenth of a degree in minutes.
Read the Boresight Calibration brochure to find out how.
Webinar: The xNAV650 is here - Learn more about our smallest and lightest INS yet!
The xNAV650 is our smallest and lightest Inertial Navigation System to date!
Despite weighing just 130 g and measuring only 77 x 63 x 22 mm, the xNAV650 combines the latest cutting edge IMU and GNSS technology, and has been designed for use in multiple applications where size, weight and power are critical considerations, but accuracy is still essential.
On Thursday, 22nd April we presented a webinar introducing our latest INS. During the session we covered several key topics including:
- The accuracy and key features of the xNAV650
- Applications for which the xNAV650 can be used
- OxTS complimentary technology (PPK post-processing and more)
If you missed the webinar you can watch it back here…
Complimentary software with every xNAV650!
As an add-value, with every INS purchased from OxTS, you will receive our NAVsuite software free of charge.
NAVsuite is a complimentary addition to OxTS’ range of Inertial Navigation Systems. The tools allow users of OxTS devices to configure and post-process their data with ease.
Included with NAVsuite is a full array of software products including:
- NAVconfig – NAVconfig is OxTS’ universal configuration tool for OxTS devices.
- NAVdisplay – NAVdisplay allows you to monitor your navigation data in real-time.
- NAVsolve – NAVsolve is our powerful post-processing application.
- NAVgraph – Plot, analyse and export your navigation data after your survey with NAVgraph.
Explore the virtual showroom
We post regular updates to our Social Media platforms including information about new product updates, the latest webinars from our Centre of Excellence webinar series, and other ad-hoc information about what we’ve been up to.
We also regularly post the latest industry news to our pages so be sure not to miss a thing by following our pages below…
You can also get the latest OxTS news and insights direct to your inbox by subscribing to our mailing list here…