Real-time position and motion measurements for driverless autonomous vehicles.
Autonomy in public road vehicles
- Robotaxis, shuttles and other SAE Level 4 and 5 autonomous shared mobility road vehicles are a vital area of development for logistics and urban planning.
- The proliferation of these autonomous vehicles promises lower emissions, reduced congestion and fewer road accidents.
- These vehicles require a reliable inertial navigation system (INS) so they can navigate urban canyons, and the other restricted GNSS areas of their operational design domain (ODD), without error.
Navigating the challenges of public road environments
To achieve the safety and environmental benefits of introducing a fleet of robotaxis or other autonomous road vehicles, your navigation solution needs to be able to:
Maximise satellite coverage at every point along any planned route
- Two multi-constellation, multi-frequency RTK GNSS receivers support aiding from the four main GNSS constellations: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and Beidou.
- OxTS’ ix/single-satellite aiding technology makes sure that each and every visible satellite is blended into the navigation solution for the most accurate solution possible – even in dense urban canyons.
Minimise time without RTK after
temporary GNSS interruptions
- OxTS’ gx/RTK inertial relock technology uses inertial measurements to reduce RTK reacquisition time from up to 20 seconds, to around five, after every bridge, tunnel or stretch of dense tree canopy that interrupts GNSS visibility.
Build in redundancy with ease
- Any sensor that can provide position, velocity, acceleration and/or heading updates can be integrated at speed, via the OxTS generic aiding interface, to enhance the navigation solution and bridge the gap during prolonged GNSS interruptions.
with wider architecture
- Ethernet and CAN data interfaces
- Digital PPS for time synchronisation and PTP support
- A ROS2 driver available for data decoding
- OxTS post-processing engine offers forwards/backwards combined processing with advanced smoothing technology to create the most optimised data possible, taking advantage of being able to see the whole picture.
- This optimised data can be used to improve your ground truth reference for localisation during vehicle development, or for georeferencing sensor data for map creation.
- Post-processing your data also gives you the ability to correct any mistakes made on the configuration or to chop sections of data out if they were logged in error, saving time and effort on data collection overall.
Navigation components and validation products
High-performance solutions for development, validation and volume production of robotaxis, shuttles and other autonomous shared mobility vehicles.
Uncompromising performance in an economical package
Our highest performance INS for product integration
Software and Plugins
Our software solutions support the use of OxTS products delivering key functionality including configuration, data display, analysis and manipulation as well as post-processing.
Configure, monitor and post-process with ease.
Applications for automation
Creating automated, ‘no-touch’ solutions.