Real-time position and motion measurements for driverless trucks.
There is a strong desire to create intelligent and autonomous trucks and other heavy goods vehicles (HGV), due to the numerous benefits they facilitate.
The world’s HGV industry is currently facing a shortage of drivers. Advocates of self-driving technology argue that autonomous trucks will not only resolve this issue, but will also become safer and more fuel-efficient than manned vehicles.
Autonomous lorries can operate 24 hours-per-day as they have no driver requiring rest. No driver’s cab also makes them space efficient.
An inertial navigation system (INS) is the critical safety component in an unmanned vehicle. This technology enables HGVs to navigate not only under open skies, but also under bridges and tree canopies, through tunnels, and throughout urban canyons where GNSS is restricted.
Maximise satellite coverage at every point along any planned route
- Two multi-constellation, multi-frequency RTK GNSS receivers support aiding from the four main GNSS constellations: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and Beidou.
- OxTS’ ix/single-satellite aiding technology makes sure that each and every visible satellite is blended into the navigation solution for the most accurate solution possible – even in dense urban canyons.
Minimise time without RTK after
temporary GNSS interruptions
- OxTS’ gx/RTK inertial relock technology uses inertial measurements to reduce RTK reacquisition time from up to 20 seconds, to around five, after every bridge, tunnel or stretch of dense tree canopy that interrupts GNSS visibility.
Build in redundancy with ease
- Any sensor that can provide position, velocity, acceleration and/or heading updates can be integrated at speed, via the OxTS generic aiding interface, to enhance the navigation solution and bridge the gap during prolonged GNSS interruptions.
with wider architecture
- Ethernet and CAN data interfaces
- Digital PPS for time synchronisation and PTP support
- A ROS2 driver available for data decoding
- OxTS post-processing engine offers forwards/backwards combined processing with advanced smoothing technology to create the most optimised data possible, taking advantage of being able to see the whole picture.
- This optimised data can be used to improve your ground truth reference for localisation during vehicle development, or for georeferencing sensor data for map creation.
- Post-processing your data also gives you the ability to correct any mistakes made on the configuration or to chop sections of data out if they were logged in error, saving time and effort on data collection overall.
Navigation components and validation products
High-performance solutions for development, validation and volume production of autonomous trucks and other autonomous HGVs.
Uncompromising performance in an economical package
Our highest performance INS for product integration
Software and Plugins
Our software solutions support the use of OxTS products delivering key functionality including configuration, data display, analysis and manipulation as well as post-processing.
Configure, monitor and post-process with ease.
Applications for automation
Creating automated, ‘no-touch’ solutions.