What is OxTS Georeferencer?
OxTS Georeferencer is a powerful LiDAR georeferencing software tool that combines inertial data from OxTS’ inertial navigation systems with raw LiDAR data to give surveyors the ability to create georeferenced pointclouds.
Customers can also use OxTS Georeferencer to calibrate the angles between their survey and navigation devices and estimate the uncertainties in the points they have surveyed.
What's new in OxTS Georeferencer v1.2?
This release allows users to combine data from their OxTS inertial navigation system with a much broader range of LiDAR sensors. New sensors that are brought to market can also be quickly and easily added to OxTS Georeferencer v1.2.
Users will also now be able to estimate and analyse the accuracy of their pointclouds. This enables a greater understanding of data quality which in turn gives LiDAR surveyors the ability to easily identify areas for improvement.
This release ensures that users can easily and confidently use OxTS inertial navigation systems and OxTS Georeferencer v1.2, to produce georeferenced pointclouds irrespective of the LiDAR scanner they prefer to use, giving users added flexibility in terms of the hardware they use to survey their environment.
Users can now combine OxTS inertial navigation system data with data from the below LiDAR scanners.
These integrations allow users of OxTS Georeferencer v1.2 to, quickly and easily, produce highly accurate, georeferenced pointclouds from ANY of the LiDAR scanners listed.
If a scanner that you use isn’t on this list, contact OxTS and we will be happy to consider the integration. Work is continually ongoing to integrate new LiDAR sensors – so it may be that your sensor will soon be added!
- VLP-16 Puck
- Puck LITE (beta)
- VLP-32C (beta)
- Alpha Prime VLS128 (beta)
- Hesai Pandar40P
- All Ouster Gen2 LiDAR.
- The OS1 and OS2 LiDAR with 32, 64 and 128 lasers*
*As at November 2020 all Ouster integrations, other than the OS1-64 in uniform laser distribution are in beta.
New LiDAR Families
The integrations don’t stop there! OxTS Georeferencer v1.2 now allows us to easily add new LiDAR families to our software. Giving users of OxTS Georeferencer v1.2 more flexibility to decide on the hardware they use to complete their survey.
As a company, OxTS are guided by the principles of quality, reliability, and accuracy. It is these principles that helped guide us in the development of several other features within this release. These include:
- Take advantage of a broader range of set-ups without extensive planning and set-up costs. A data-driven calibration technique helps to get the best results from your set-up. It eliminates blurring and double-vision, especially at longer distances. The new version can now calibrate angles AND linear displacements. Please note that LIP calibration is in beta.
- Gain more control over your pointcloud. The new pointcloud error estimation uses a sophisticated formula together with OxTS navigation data diagnostics. These are then used to estimate the centimetre uncertainty in point positions. Users can then choose a maximum uncertainty to be included or remove inaccurate points.
- Provide customers with enhanced pointcloud images. The new version of OxTS Georeferencer includes dual return capability for nearly all supported models. Where available, this will give pointclouds much higher definition. Users can then present enhanced pointcloud images to customers and internal stakeholders as well as service specific applications.
Easily integrate new LiDAR families
- This latest version of OxTS Georeferencer supports quick and simple integration of other new LiDAR sensors. It allows users to quickly and simply add new LiDAR families to the framework. If there are any LiDAR sensors NOT currently integrated that you want to see, please contact us and we will consider them.
Interested in a discussion about OxTS Georeferencer v1.2?
Please complete this form and an OxTS representative will be in touch soon.
Alternatively please email us at email@example.com
Join us for our 'OxTS Georeferencer - What's New' webinar
Join OxTS Product Engineer, Jacob Amacker at 3pm (GMT) on Wednesday, 9th December as he provides attendees with an exclusive introduction to ‘What’s new in OxTS Georeferencer v1.2’.
During the webinar Jacob will be discussing several key topics including:
- Why an INS (not just GNSS) should be used for navigation data
- The additional LiDAR integrations now available within OxTS Georeferencer v1.2
- The new, improved boresight calibration functionality
- How precision analysis works in OxTS Georeferencer v1.2 and what this means for you
LiDAR Surveying with OxTS
If you would like more information on OxTS Survey, including our LiDAR Survey work you can read the OxTS LiDAR Surveying brochure.
By reading our brochure you will learn more about…
- Inertial measurements you can integrate with your LiDAR data
- The OxTS Survey product line-up
- Our approach to Boresight Calibration
- Possible applications
- LiDAR integrations